We want you to feel completely at home during your stay at The Beacon, enjoying all that our large property and grounds have to offer you:
The Lounge Areas:
- Projector with linked computer, DVD player and sound system
- Smart TV
- Free Wi-Fi access (across the whole house and garden)
- Small fridge
- Woodburner, with fuel provided during colder months
- Full size pool table, which is free to use
- Table tennis, on request
- A variety of board games
- Keyboard and guitar
- Tea, filter coffee, squash and biscuits available throughout your visit
- Dormitory style
- 4-10 per room
- All bedrooms are en-suite
- Bunk beds, with linen provided
- Some single beds available
- Extra blankets provided
- Please bring your own towels
- Outdoor, heated
- 10 metres
- Deep end is 1.5m
- Generally available for use between May and September
- Trained lifeguard on our team
- Available for use at times negotiated before your stay
- 5 aside football pitch, also suitable for unihoc (we can provide a variety of sports equipment)
- Spacious gardens
- A private woodland area to explore
- Private moorland, suitable for wide games
- Exmoor wildlife can often be seen in the grounds including deer, pheasants, rabbits and badgers
- Sea views
Breakfast – 8.30am • Lunch – 1pm • Evening Meal – 6pm
Breakfast – toast and cereal (or cooked English breakfast at an extra cost and pre-ordered)
Lunch – soup, rolls and selection of fillings or packed lunch (filled roll, fruit, homemade cake, crisps and a drink)
Evening Meal – main course and dessert
All of our meals are homemade by the Upcott Team. Your stay will be full board, unless you arrange otherwise. We are able to tailor the menu and serving times to your group’s needs and programme, and we try to be as flexible as possible depending on the menu. You are welcome to arrange different serving times than the ones shown above in advance for these meals.
We cater for vegetarians and allergies and will make every effort to cater for other dietary requirements. Please advise us at least two weeks prior to arrival so we are able to make the necessary arrangements.
Tea, filter coffee and squash will be available at no extra cost throughout your stay and hot chocolate will be served in the evenings. We have a drinks station set up where you can help yourself whenever you want.
We also have a small tuck shop with a selection of sweets to purchase. If you would like this to be available during your stay please tell us in advance so that we can ensure that it is fully stocked.
Your Group’s Programme:
The organisation of your time during your stay is your own, unless otherwise agreed before your visit. It may be possible for the Upcott Team to provide some activities and be involved in sessions on request.
Our local area has a lot of offer, which you can explore here. If you are feeling adventurous, we are able to organise a variety of exciting off-site activities for your group, with Exmoor Adventures.